Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity Please Bring Back Victoria 3 and Michael 3 Characters & Clothin

Fauvist opened this issue on Apr 25, 2018 ยท 31 posts

consumer573 posted Sat, 25 August 2018 at 3:11 AM

I like V3 M3 and the rest of their extended family.

I guess I think it is dumb to have work that people have done as a sunk cost and that other people are willing to buy and say, 'no we're not going to sell it anymore because it is old and we have moved on.' To me it is recurring revenue with minimal effort. I think DAZ still offers V1 and V2 on occasion.

These characters are often a lot easier on computing resources. Many of them now can be put into crowd situations, especially with Poser being able to simply the clothing and the meshes.

Plus back in the day when they were at their peak pricing, my pocketbook and computer couldn't often handle the variety of textures available for clothing or hairstyles like it can now. My V3s are sunk costs. And they're fun. And if I see something interesting I don't mind adding to them. Plus not all of the newer stuff is really that good... some of it still looks like plastic. Please, nobody be offended. I'm just saying we will move on from today's latest and greatest, too. You may not realize this but when 78 RPMs were in vogue, people kept refining them. Many are 80 RPM and other subtleties with needles, etc. That's how I feel technologivally about some of the lighting things going on. They're incremental to the industry; notable to folks using them every day, but not such a big thing look from the outside, maybe.

I think as a community the more 3D stuff out there at reasonable costs the more people we will attract into the fold.

I mean, there are many companies that make brand new body parts for Model Ts, Model As, Mustangs, Camaros etc. You can build a new 1965 Mustang convertible from scratch as long as you have a valid VIN. https://www.cjponyparts.com/dynacorn-complete-body-shell-convertible-1965/p/MS65CV</https:>