Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity Please Bring Back Victoria 3 and Michael 3 Characters & Clothin

Fauvist opened this issue on Apr 25, 2018 ยท 31 posts

perpetualrevision posted Sun, 26 August 2018 at 8:14 PM

consumer573 posted at 7:07PM Sun, 26 August 2018 - #4335292

I guess I think it is dumb to have work that people have done as a sunk cost and that other people are willing to buy and say, 'no we're not going to sell it anymore because it is old and we have moved on.' To me it is recurring revenue with minimal effort.

I'm sure Renderosity must have some kind of rationale for taking older products off the market, but I don't know where to look for it.

I do wonder how much has to do with the vendors who created those products, like maybe they don't want them available any longer, perhaps b/c they're no longer involved in 3D or feel the products don't adequately showcase their current skills?

I'm assuming that Renderosity would consider putting products for older figures back on the market if vendors updated them, perhaps with some new materials or promo renders. Vendors also have the option of making those older products available as freebies, here at Renderosity or elsewhere, so that at least their hard work continues to be useful. I suppose we'll never know why some of them don't do that unless they chime in!

TOOLS: MacBook Pro; Poser Pro 11; Cheetah3D; Photoshop CC

FIGURES: S-16 (improved V4 by Karina), M4, K4, Mavka, Toons, and Nursoda's people

GOALS: Stylized and non-photorealistic renders in various fantasy styles