Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity Please Bring Back Victoria 3 and Michael 3 Characters & Clothin

Fauvist opened this issue on Apr 25, 2018 ยท 31 posts

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 27 August 2018 at 6:03 AM Online Now!

perpetualrevision posted at 6:53AM Mon, 27 August 2018 - #4335335

consumer573 posted at 7:07PM Sun, 26 August 2018 - #4335292

I guess I think it is dumb to have work that people have done as a sunk cost and that other people are willing to buy and say, 'no we're not going to sell it anymore because it is old and we have moved on.' To me it is recurring revenue with minimal effort.

I'm sure Renderosity must have some kind of rationale for taking older products off the market, but I don't know where to look for it.

I do wonder how much has to do with the vendors who created those products, like maybe they don't want them available any longer, perhaps b/c they're no longer involved in 3D or feel the products don't adequately showcase their current skills?

I'm assuming that Renderosity would consider putting products for older figures back on the market if vendors updated them, perhaps with some new materials or promo renders. Vendors also have the option of making those older products available as freebies, here at Renderosity or elsewhere, so that at least their hard work continues to be useful. I suppose we'll never know why some of them don't do that unless they chime in!

I'm not sure how this topic is so hard to understand. Products are removed from the store due to:

1. Low sales and the products go into clearance and eventually removed.

2. Vendors request that the items are removed to any reason they wish. Could be they didn't want to sell it, wanted to close the store, or they died, etc...

Either way, the products can no longer be sold because since Renderosity is a brokerage, they do not own the products sold. So they can't simply can't put them up for sale again because they don't own the copyright to them.

The only way they would be sold again is if the vendor resubmits the product for sale, which would send it back through the QA process. But considering there are far more users of new items since users rotate in and out of the market every few years, there's probably not going to be the demand worth to update 15-20 year old products for 1-3 sales. If these items were on someone's wishlist and they didn't get it before the item is removed from the store, then it's lost to them unless they can track down the vendor and convince them to sell it.. but Rendo can't legally put removed products back up for sale unless they have their permission to do so. That's the bottom line.

There may be some stores that still have these items for sale, like Poseraddicts. I would suggest going to check out that store before they remove items as well.