Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser to H4v. Calling all Poser camera engineers

operaguy opened this issue on Oct 25, 2018 ยท 25 posts

operaguy posted Sat, 27 October 2018 at 7:04 PM

"...So in effect you can take this really cool picture and then invite all your friends over to look at your phone to show them your trip."

For the moment. Just like when the automobile raged into the culture when "there aren't any good roads for it." And when digital filmmaking, in part pioneered by RED, faced the challenge of "there are no cinemas that can project digital movies."

When Leia's tech is on millions of tablets, laptops, and phones from Apple and Samsung, you will be sending your "deep" selfie to your friend for them to see on their cool deep screen. Yes, that may never happen. Perhaps RED will only sell a million sets, and Leia will never convince another device-maker to adopt it, and this effect will be for "a very small market." Perhaps.

Ever since the invention of photography, the urge to view in depth has persisted. Its a delightful thrill. I loved my View-Master as a kid. Always, however, these ventures have been imperfect or burdened with clumsy glasses or viewers.

All ye doom-sayers, go for it. In the forums for H4V there is even a separate topic room for thrashing.

For myself, I'm enjoying the kool-aid. It feels like the first time I set eyes on a Macintosh, April, 1984.

::::: Opera :::::