Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

Male_M3dia posted Fri, 02 November 2018 at 8:42 AM Online Now!

wolf359 posted at 9:26AM Fri, 02 November 2018 - #4338765

You the ,Daz PA, have your definition of Official support and myself & Reallusion have ours .

Example: When Daz the company assists a person who is having a problem with Dforce clothing item from the Daz store, that is Official Support from Daz the company as they are the ones selling us the Dforce Compatible Items

If I import Dawn or Dusk from Hiveware into Character creator 3 and their Eyeballs are poking out of their sockets, then Reallusion has to respond to my problem with OFFICIAL tech support/instructions for a fix because they have sold us a program that they claimed can import and use the Hiveware bases for rendering and content development.

This is our definition of "Official Support"

Now When some clever third party cobbles a script to shoehorn to genesis into poser or creates some home brewed light meter etc, it is use at your own discretion and he has no obligation to be available to sort out my problems.

In fact a person might even create an entire figure and hype for initial sales ( at another store)

and suddenly decide "I am not a business man" and leave it to "the community" to "support" it

This is NOT our definition of "Official Support"

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?forum_id=12547

Understand, i read those instructions from the official forum and I provided the facts based on that. It's not official support, you are exporting from a program and importing into character creator. I don't think it's fair to spin that as official, when the instructions include a script to get the figure into a t-pose their import can recognize. This is a "3rd party hack" just like the script to load genesis 3 into poser and you save $250. That's the reality. And if you use Hivewire characters, Hivewire has a deal with Reallusion to have their figures natively loaded into iclone.

However this thread is about poser development, not about other products that allow you to load Daz and Hivewire figures. Understand if Smith Micro includes support for Dual Quaterion weightmapping in an update, you can use the same FBX process to load figures.. and theoretically use Dimension3D's utility load those items as well. That's the "official" support you just tried to post in this thread. Let's get back to the main topic of Poser now that we got that straightened out. Note as a "DAZ PA", I gave you options to use BOTH Hivewire and DAZ figures, and not toss your investment in Poser.