Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: 'Edge Weighting' in Studio, how does it work?

SheikhalMaktoum opened this issue on Nov 08, 2018 ยท 16 posts

SheikhalMaktoum posted Sun, 11 November 2018 at 7:11 AM

Hi Centriq, I've been chatting and trading tips with a group in a Discord server that caters to Studio users. It's full of people who got tired of Daz's overbearing forum moderation and enjoy helping each other learn how to model for Studio.

Anyway, I learned a lot there and am moving ahead with my first model for Studio; a fully articulated operating table. I'll be making a short tut on edges for both regular models and Sub-D items. Some time ago a content creator over at Daz started a series of tuts on various related subjects but stopped after only releasing three of them. It's quite obvious that either Daz management or the other content creators made her stop. There's also the well documented episode where a user in the forums who was leading a long thread for content creation was threatened by an anonymous content creator. I urged her to call the police over this and have them investigate and lay charges of online threats and harassment. She was reluctant and in the end eventually started the thread back up again after changing her name. This is the sort of short sighted attitude from Daz management that has made so many of us furious, and makes it so difficult to learn content creation. The tutorials are horrible and outrageously overpriced, forcing people to form secret and hidden forums where we can learn this stuff. Thanks goodness for Discord.

Renderosity could profit from Daz's insular outlook by providing detailed instruction on all aspects of content creation for Studio, AND providing it's own forum. The more people making stuff translates to more people selling stuff...something Daz doesn't seem to understand.

...and I promise to keep my mouth shut about this from now on.