Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: install wont accept seriel number

poisinivy opened this issue on Jan 04, 2019 ยท 22 posts

ratscloset posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 3:01 PM

poisinivy posted at 2:54PM Thu, 10 January 2019 - #4343413

Hi ratscloset
you did not read my whole post did you? I had turned off my AV and tried installing poser and still got the error. i have no other firewalls does renderosity? if they do they they need to tell me and correct it.

I had contacted Smithmicro already they told me that the serial number issued is not valid and i need to contact rendrosity . and rederosity says it is valid I need to contact smithmicro. who is right?

I had tried to get the download manager to work 15 ways to sunday. the error i am I getting imply the license code is no good its clearly states in the first error " no license available for that number" as the error does not say shut off your firewall. even though i had tried that.

This was a gift from renderosity for winning 2nd place in one of their contest. and this license never worked right from day one. I was told to contact, carolyn@renderosity.com which I did once and never got a reply I don't chase down people that I was told to contact and i have and never heard back from. . sorry I'm not PC that way . that just frustrates the crap out of me

But in making this post i would have though at least other user would have had this error message and would have a fix which is giving me the feeling that my hunch is right and this license is no good.

I have tried your salutations many times before . . time for something that works.

It is not AV or Firewall specific (that is why it is unique to Managed Firewalls) It is specifically permissions. This can be a setting for your Firewall, but more likely Security, Privacy Software. The error indicates the proper data was not transmitted. It has nothing to do with Activation, so other than to make sure it is a valid key, the key is not a factor. Again, this message is from Download Manager on your local system. It is not getting the proper data. In all previous cases, it has been due to permissions.

Some users not behind a managed firewall have resolved the issue by creating a new User Account on their system with Admin Rights called Test. This can bypass the impacting permissions, but may not if the permissions are System level and not User Level.

That is why I recommended you contact Support directly so they can get the specific details needed to assist you.

ratscloset
aka John