Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Legacy Discounted Content Sales and Smith Micro catalog question

CybersoxXIII opened this issue on Jan 04, 2019 ยท 5 posts

CybersoxXIII posted Fri, 11 January 2019 at 4:40 PM Online Now!

RE: the Read Mes - my guess is that we get that message because there are no readmes. To be fair, though, DAZ went through a similar problem when they ingested the entire RDNA store. To this date, a huge number of RDNA products still have ambiguous descriptions, images and/or dead red mes... it's just a HUGE amount of material and DAZ had the advantage of the founders of RDNA signing on to supervise the transfer. I don't think most people realize how small the number of staff at a company like DAZ or Rendo actually is, and while I'm definitely not sure how many people (as in product managers, not PAs) were actually still there at Content Paradise when the plug was pulled, I doubt that few of them have been retained to supervise this transfer.

That said, I've noticed that a lot info that's normally in the readmes is getting buried at the bottom of the product descriptions , and at least some of the artists now have Renderosity vendor accounts so you can contact them directly... or, at least in the case of AtoZ, go to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Tim-Machans-Atoz-Inc-467133783409829/