Forum: Community Center

Subject: New rendo figure free? erm no. it's $3.50. false adverts anyone?

Khai-J-Bach opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 62 posts

cspear posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 7:05 AM

If Renderosity were based in the UK I'd have set Trading Standards on to them because if a thing is advertised as being 'free', it has to incur no charge, unless it's made explicitly clear that the 'free' promotion is conditional. This should have been advertised as 'free with any purchase of $3.50 or more'.

People aren't moaning about this because they're skinflints, it's because Renderosity have taken it upon themselves to re-define the meaning of the word 'free'. The Oxford English dictionary defines it thus: "Given or available without charge".

This would have been far less damaging if Renderosity has sold La Femme for $3.50 and maybe offered a $3.50 voucher against, for example, the purchase of La Femme related goodies in future. It's a shame because she looks like a really good Poser character, but I can't find out because she's not actually free, and I'm beginning to wonder if Renderosity know what they're doing and / or are trustworthy. If they were to publicly recognise their error, make an apology and do something to sort this out it would do everyone more good than harm, but they'll probably put their heads in the sand until it all blows over.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017