Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

stallion opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 1258 posts

Blackhearted posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 9:49 AM

Thats the thing - it's a base figure. The base shape is meant to be as flexible as possible.

Someone commented elsewhere that they don't understand why my HD morphs weren't the base shape: not everyone has the same preferences, and it's much easier to morph a smoother base shape than it would be to have to de-morph anything I've done and work from there. We discussed this at length and specifically avoided 'baking' any very strong features or styles into it so that it would be easier to shape, that's why the base face is smooth and devoid of any very strong, chiseled features. Think of it as a blank canvas.

I'll never understand Miki 4, for example: with everyone begging for a good base Poser figure, dev time was (IMO) squandered on a baked Asian 4' tall figure instead of just making a more flexible base and including a quality Asian morph. There's an Asian eye morph I did in LaFemme with a proper epicanthic fold that people can use as a starting point for Asian characters, instead of baking it into the base shape and making it difficult/impossible to morph from. This is why the "yet another white female" comments are absolutely absurd. It's a base shape/texture: there is nothing on earth preventing anyone from morphing and texturing it into any ethnicity or shape that they like. In fact there are many specific ethnic face morphs included in the base figure that make it relatively easy - and the textures and base morphs in the figure are redistributable!

While I'm willing to add content like extra utility morphs, improvements like the corneas, etc that will eventually be added into the base package -- people need to understand that there are months of rigging work on this figure, and dozens of add-on products already that are all based on the base .obj and rig. Unless a major bug is found, there is absolutely 0% chance that the base mesh or rig are going to be changed after the release of a figure. But with morphs, HD morphs, body handles, fully working figure/body part scaling, Match Centers to Morph, an awesome built-in Morphing Tool and a very liberal license there is nothing stopping anyone from customizing her however they like for either the store, freestuff, or just for their own personal use.