Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

stallion opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 1258 posts

Blackhearted posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 7:29 AM

crowbar posted at 6:50AM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345101

Im really in two minds about this. Blackhearted's images do look good but for me the problem is not so much the corneas (though there is a weird curving off shape above the eye in a couple of the product renders). The mouth area in many of the renders is the elephant in the room. The default mouth shape just doesnt look realistic. Im not saying that the face cant look realistic if you work on more morphs, but you have to work against the basic nature of the figure

Its a base figure, there are 35 different mouth/lip morphs and 8 face chips included by default that you can combine to get mouth shapes/expressions easier than any other Poser figure.

You just can't please everyone. If I made ultra-defined, stylized lips then people would be complaining about that. No matter what design decision you make there's always someone that's going to complain that it's not to their tastes. FFS my HD morphs are like a 140lb crossfit athlete and you have some chronic complainers using the 'anorexic' word again ?

I specifically had to hold back and keep the default body and face as 'neutral' and smooth as possible so that it would be easy to morph in any direction -- not just the direction I would go with it. Not everyone likes my style of figure, and believe me you wouldn't want that baked into the base since you'd have to de-morph that any time you wanted to morph the figure. With certain legacy figures the default shape is so distinctive and so baked-in that even after extreme morphing you can still 'see' it under the surface.

The ball is in the community's court now to create characters suited to different tastes. We even made the built-in morphs and textures fully redistributable so it's even easier to create characters. I'll definitely be making more morphs and characters, but those will be going in a direction I decide and I can guarantee those won't be to everyone's tastes either.