Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

stallion opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 1258 posts

Blackhearted posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 5:18 PM

DalekSupreme posted at 4:44PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345163

I wish La Femme well.

For me she is overly complex with horrible plastic Barbi legs and feet. She takes far too long to do simple work with and is a nightmare to pose realistically... finding the bits through endless menu's and then having to fiddle with each lip or eyebrow end. If you want to spend hours and hours on a single image she is great and her level of minute movement detail amazing. I was really hoping for something that would blow me away. Well she does... but not in a good way for me personally. She is already in the "unusable box" and that's not good. This is one of the problems with new poser figures. They are totally over complex and not simple to use. The number of times I need to bend her little toe is once in a blue moon... what I need is a single dial to make her smile lopsided not freeky. This is what brings me back time and again to V4. I can do in 10 minutes what takes me 10 hours in other figures with no improvement in result.

For me its back to V4 as La Femme is totally unworkable in my workflow. :( I am genuinely sad about this.

The funny thing is, you don't have to even use the body handles, there are over 140 face morphs included in the base. You can turn the body handles off and completely ignore them and they don't 'hurt' you for being there. But being able to grab an eyebrow, a corner of a lip, a chin and just drag it around to do quick expressions is a lot easier than injecting morphs, looking for dials and spinning them. When doing poses you can just move the breast handle around to 'squish' it behind an arm, against the ground or chair, etc which makes realistic poses a lot easier.

Same goes for the toes. If you don't want to pose them individually then just... don't? There's no need to pose the toes individually, but they're there as an option for those that do.

Most people want more control and are embracing the body handles and extra articulated bits like the metatarsals/metacarpals, individual toes, etc. But if that's not your thing there are several different toespread, toecurl, grasp, fingerspread, etc morphs that you can use and you don't have to fuss with them.

As for the feet being too small, all I can say is that some people have been looking at V4 for too long and start to think that that represents an average normal human being. V4's feet are an abomination, they're the size of flippers. But guess what? SCALING WORKS - for the first time properly in a Poser figure. So if you don't like the size of her feet (or the size of her head, her ears, her shins, etc), click on them and scale them to whatever size you like and conforming clothing will scale automatically. You can give her V4's size 12 feet in two simple clicks.

For someone who 'wishes her well' you're going far out of your way to systematically bash her in at least two forums now. Virtually your entire post history consists of bashing new figures and extolling the virtues of V4. We get it, you like V4 and think that it's the pinnacle of Poser figure development: feel free to use her forever. Fortunately not everyone agrees.