Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

stallion opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 1258 posts

DCArt posted Sat, 09 February 2019 at 2:37 PM

freyfaxi62 posted at 3:26PM Sat, 09 February 2019 - #4345707

I sometimes think that us Poser User's are our own worst enemies :( OK..so LaFemme ISN"T perfect..given the limitations of Poser itself, NO figure can be perfect. People are loosing sight of the fact that LaFemme is marketed as a BASE figure..it's still a work in progress. She's only been in the market place for a week or so, there's already a good amount of "extras" out there designed especially for her. I, for one am happy with the potential she has for the future. Congratulations to all those who've worked on bringing her and her extras to the Poser world. :)

To model a lot of detail into a BASE figure would be a big mistake. It's a lot more difficult to morph detail OUT than it is to morph detail IN.

Yes, the G2 figures were very good figures in their day, I especially liked Miki and Sydney. BUT ... and this isn't a "dissing" but, but a "real fact" but .... it was hard to un-Miki Miki, and ESPECIALLY difficult to un-Sydney Sydney. For that reason, it makes more sense to make a base figure as generic as possible.

Yes, La Femme is somewhat stylized. And no, she's not perfect. No doubt about it. But her shape is a style that has become very popular over the years and is pretty much Gabe's trademark style. Look at GND for Victoria 4. Similar shape. GND for Alyson. Similar shape. Very popular add on for those figures.

I'm not sure how many in this thread were around when Victoria 1 first came out. I'm not talking V4, I'm talking V1. OMG, she caused quite the uproar. The reactions were very mixed, some saying "Posette 4 evah!" and others snapping her up with zeal. The addons didn't come all at once. At the time of her release I think she had a bikini and a ponytail. If I remember correctly, the total was around 135 for the base figure (no morphs), the bikini, and the hair. The rest came over time. Support for V1 didn't build up overnight.

Then there was a V2, which was basically V1 with morphs added to her.

Then V3, which really expanded her and IIRC that is when additional character variations started coming. Stephanie and Aiko ... I can't remember if The Girl came with the Mil 3 or Mil 4 generation.

V4 was when things really took hold, though, and even then she came out in three releases. First V4, then V4.1 and V4.2 as later updates with fixes. And the rest is history.

The community appears to be embracing La Femme, which is a good thing. I hope to see it continue. And I thank everyone again for your enthusiasm, it's greatly appreciated.