Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Any advice on doing a Poser reload / re-installation?

mmitchell_houston opened this issue on Feb 19, 2019 · 9 posts

mmitchell_houston posted Thu, 28 February 2019 at 12:24 PM

gypsyangel posted at 12:22PM Thu, 28 February 2019 - #4346724

It's acted weird from the beginning. First thing it did was refuse to open the help pdf. It opened it once. It refused to ever open it again. I had to go dig it out of the installation so I could figure things out. Then my libraries decided not to open until I hit them 10 or 15 times. Then the icon disappeared. Still not sure what happened to that. The link has the default windows icon. Now? It just refuses to open all together. I walked away from Poser shortly after 2014, and have been using DAZ since. This isn't making me want to spend much time in the program...

I don't blame you for being frustrated. I haven't bitten the bullet and done the re-installation yet because I'm on a deadline (I just keep saving my files often, and increment the filename (ver 1, 1a, 1b, etc.) so I have backups in case something goes wrong after a crash. Once this deadline is over, though, I'm going to take the time to rebuild the system (Possibly with a larger hard drive at the same time, which would let me keep Poser on the SSD portion, rather than on the disk portion – I'm hoping that will give me a little boost in speed).

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity