Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: La Femme's Eyes

goldie opened this issue on Apr 01, 2019 ยท 16 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 6:07 PM

Deecey posted at 7:05PM Mon, 01 April 2019 - #4349288

Will discuss this with the rest of the team. The trick will be to implement a solution that won't break existing content. The only one I can think of so far is to keep the UV mapping of the eyes exactly as they are, but place them on two seperate tiles. I suppose we'd also have to do the same with the brows and lashes as well.

But then we'd have to change material names for right and left eyes, lashes, and brows, so that WOULD affect existing content.

I'll see if that works.

I'd guess better do it soon while there isn't still a ton of content for her out there (though it's being beautiful to check the marketplace everyday to see new products!).

Perhaps a simple python script (for the scripters out there - I'm not one!) could just copy the existing materials into the second materials done for this? Some freebie so that vendors could update their products and users could get it for the products that are yet to be updated.

I think there are what, ten or so commercial characters for her on Rendo so far? Wouldn't be such a mess for now.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.