Forum: Community Center

Subject: Any way to block certain vendors from appearing on my marketplace view?

glossedsfm opened this issue on Apr 08, 2019 ยท 33 posts

glossedsfm posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 1:10 PM

-renapd- posted at 12:55PM Tue, 09 April 2019 - #4349707

I"m afraid what you are asking of is not possible.

However, if you follow the vendors of your liking you will be getting notification emails each time a new product of theirs is being released.

OK thank you for the info...i guess no plans on adding in a block feature in the future?

I just noticed something today too when i clicked on marketplace>new products and marketplace>best selling. At the top of the list i'm seeing duplicate listings and unfortunately for me its for one of the vendors i want to block. I'm just not a fan of people who use the same exact character in all of their product advertisements. I prefer it when vendors use a wider range of characters and hair products because it generates interest in those other things too. I've seen it a few times on the rendo forums and a bunch of times on the daz forums where a person will release a new clothing item and people will ask "what character is that" or "what hair is that". When a vendor uses the same character of theirs in all their pose or expression pack it just seems like a lot of self promotion. Like are they advertising their pose/expression pack? or the character itself. Also it doesn't really get me interested in their expression product if their character has unique facial features not common to other daz models or if i dont have or dont plan on owning their character at all. Which means the expression pack might look completely different on a different characters. Thats one of the reasons why i dont buy expression packs from people who use weird looking characters but instead prefer expression packs from people like Zeddicus who i believe uses the standard V7 or V8 or at least a regular looking character.

anyways sorry for the long rant