Forum: Community Center

Subject: Any way to block certain vendors from appearing on my marketplace view?

glossedsfm opened this issue on Apr 08, 2019 ยท 33 posts

glossedsfm posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 10:43 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 10:29AM Sun, 28 April 2019 - #4350789

Once... years ago, I asked ebay support how can I filter my search results so the sellers with 100% positive feedback show first. It was the shortest chat ever with their support team. There are some requests a marketing website just cannot fulfill. It wouldn't be fair to start blacklisting any of the vendors that struggle to bring their latest releases to the marketplace and on the other hand they'd have to pay a software support person to test and make changes in their website's programming language.

Do you also think that its not fair to vendors for me to simply not buy their stuff? Cause i wont buy anything from anyone who i feel is just rereleasing the same stuff but with slight variations in it. I'm no vendor, but i imagine that if you want people to keep buying your stuff then you need to keep coming up with new stuff. You know how PC games with a yearly release like FIFA have become a joke? i was watching a YT video and someone made a crack about it saying "here's the new FIFA 17 game, its just like FIFA 16 but this year we put a 17 on it". That's kinda the same feeling i get when i look through some vendors pages. Its usually specific to the ones who create characters. They'll start with the same base face all the time and alter other parts of the face. But its usually pretty easy to tell who made a character because they'll always have the same distinguishing features that are a part of a base face. I can list out like 5 people who create characters who do this. Their characters will have tall foreheads, or the same angular noses/makeup look, or the same slightly oversized eyes or the same puffy cheeks. There's even one that i've seen who doesnt even have a specific feature but the whole face just looks similar between all their character creations, probably because of the same face/eye poses they use. If a vendors choice in how they present their products or their storefront leads people to not buy their stuff, or in my case to want to blacklist them then thats on them not me. If they want to avoid that situation then they need to innovate.