Forum: Community Center

Subject: Any way to block certain vendors from appearing on my marketplace view?

glossedsfm opened this issue on Apr 08, 2019 ยท 33 posts

glossedsfm posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 4:46 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 4:26PM Sun, 28 April 2019 - #4350881

You're pretty much asking to remove the ads that they've put in place... it's like asking a Home Depot or a Walmart... to take off their lit up sign off of their building 'cause you're disoriented by the light emitted by their sign and you cannot find the main entrance. As to what vendors sell I have no comment, you should not either... they are allowed to sell whatever they feel like they want to sell. Start following the vendors from the store you do like, they give u that option so use it.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread... best of luck with ur issues

Not only do i think your examples are wrong, i think that your whole argument is making me out to be the bad guy.

When you cover up that sign at Home Depot or Walmart who does that affect? everybody. It affects anybody who walks past that store and has to see the lack of a lit sign. If the ads are removed from this site who does that affect? again...everybody. But that's not I asked for...I asked for the a block function so that users can block certain vendors if we wanted to. Who would that affect? only the person using it. So Home Depot and Walmart get to keep their signs and everybody gets to look at them while I walk past them as one of the store employees holds their hands over my eyes.

And as for what vendors can sell? i'm not commenting on that either. I'm just pointing out what happens if vendors refuse to innovate or adapt and instead try to keep rehashing old stuff. In some cases it might be ok like a restaurant maintaining the same theme or having the same food throughout the years. But in other places its a good idea to keep updating the products you sell. Look at the clothes you wear, how you style your hair or stuff like that. If it wasnt for people innovating and trying out new things we'd probably still be shopping for loincloths at Cavemanmart and using dirt for makeup while looking at advertisements written in chalk on the cave walls.