Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Whats wrong with downloading ???????

vampchild opened this issue on Mar 05, 2019 ยท 14 posts

MartinTheWanderer posted Tue, 07 May 2019 at 6:05 AM

As I said, depends a lot on location - if you are in the US or Europe and have decent Internet AWS usually works reasonably well.

Everywhere else on the planet: not so much. Took me over 10 tries to download a relatively small product (2x100MB, which would download in 12-15 minutes each even on my slow South American connection - IF AWS would not kill the download every 3 minutes or so and force me to start over...), only was successful during night time (US).

Enabling download resumes and/or move to a independent hosting platform would solve that problem (btw RO is not the only one with that problem, e.g. Github is facing a growing number of complaints worldwide - their source code is hosted internally, but releases are on AWS - and is considering to move away from AWS completely).

The slow website is a different story - Webserver overloaded and the aggressive ADs that clutter every page and search result don't help either.

Anyways, I'm outta here - there is a lot of cute and unique stuff on Renderosity, but the combination of slow site, often outdated products, pricing, and bugged download system that wastes my time in an unreasonable way - not very attractive.