Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

Miss B posted Fri, 21 June 2019 at 7:33 PM

LaurieA posted at 8:24PM Fri, 21 June 2019 - #4354016

The only Poser figures that won't work in DS are the newest ones with Poser weight mapping (much like the newer Daz weight mapped figures won't work in Poser). All the older ones still work. I still use Poser figures and stuff in DS all the time. Anything made before Poser 9 works just fine. I can use the non-weight mapped Miki's in DS if I want to. Remember - up until Genesis 1, Daz figures were more or less made FOR Poser ;).

Laurie

Agreed. I started using DS 2 on my old laptop, and 98% of my Runtime was made up of products created for use in Poser. I then upgraded to DS 3Advanced when I got this laptop, because I wasn't able to install DS 2 on it. All of that Runtime, and for a number of years until I went back to using Poser, all of my Poser compatible products are installed in my DS 3Advanced Runtime. I then went with DS 4.0 Pro when the original Genesis came out, but I haven't upgraded DS 4 since, so that's the only content I have installed in that Runtime, but I can still access all the Poser content from my DS 3Advanced Runtime while working in DS 4.

I've since gone back to using Poser with P9, and more recently PP11, but my DS 3A Runtime is STILL my largest Runtime, and as Laurie said only the newest Poser figures, such as LaFemme and Project Evolution, have weight mapping that won't work in my older versions of DS, but everything I had purchased prior to the original Genesis presentation to the public is still very usable in both my DS versions.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz