Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

Glitterati3D posted Sat, 22 June 2019 at 8:49 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 9:46AM Sat, 22 June 2019 - #4354118

LaurieA posted at 9:41AM Sat, 22 June 2019 - #4354115

Rendo can't afford to make the same mistake that SM made and that is Content Is King. So unless they're willing to hire content makers that are every bit as capable as the Daz figure creators seem to be then they better come up with another solution. A large part of the reason Poser was doing so poorly is because the content for it was terrible. I'm not one that really likes plugins myself, but Daz figure compatibility in a plugin would be ok with me IF it's not the horrible thing that is DSON for Poser (which was always slow and buggy when I had it installed in Poser). Why not make a great plugin that allows Daz content and then people can choose to get it if that's what they want? I don't think anyone is asking for Poser to be DS 2.0. I think people are asking for the ability to use Daz figures in their program of choice - Poser. I don't see the problem. I think Poser would benefit having other things too - exporters to Unreal, Unity, other render engines. It has the potential to be really great in the right hands. Why not allow it to be all that it can be?

Maybe, instead of listening to people that are ok with Poser's status quo, they should be asking FORMER Poser users why they switched to DS? ;)

Laurie

The thing is, the way a lot of people here are speaking, they're talking as if the priority of Poser should be get it compatible with Genesis specifically. Which would make Poser development a slave to Daz3d, AND make it no point in paying the price for Poser when a person could just get DS for free doing the same things.

Enabling Poser to have addons so that someone could come up with a Genesis loader - sure, that would be cool. But the people working on Poser should be focused on making Poser better, independently of what Daz3d is doing.

Not to mention that the coders have had that option since day one - to make an addon and even DAZ said "screw this" with DSON.

But, Renderosity should take on that task, why? And, then, when DAZ gets it's next wild hair and changes all the file formatting? And the modeling structure? And the morphing structure? Sure, Poser can just chase DAZ whims AND still produce Poser, right? All the time in the world to chase this mythical pot at the end of the rainbow.