Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: erogenesis and a new future for Poser @ Rendo

erogenesis opened this issue on Jun 21, 2019 ยท 70 posts

erogenesis posted Sun, 23 June 2019 at 4:49 PM

Penguinisto posted at 11:41PM Sun, 23 June 2019 - #4354379

erogenesis posted at 1:23PM Sun, 23 June 2019 - #4354329

But again, I could be wrong, but looking at the world around me, it stumps me how SM could have missed the obvious. DAZ started from scratch, and they nailed it.

To be fair, DS took 5 years before the public ever saw it, and they did have the advantage of seeing what did and did not work: Not just with Poser, but with Lightwave, Modo (which acted as a very nice UI model to take design ideas from), 3DS Max, Maya, Mirai (another bit o' inspiration). They were also blessed in that they weren't limping from one fiscal quarter to the next - they had full and unequivocal support, and more than enough of an investment to make it happen.

Poser on the other hand was dead, then came back to life, then nearly died with a really crappy upgrade from P4/PP, but then got bought and was beat to crap as it passed from company to company throughout the dot-bust era... I'm kind of surprised that it's still alive

Yeah, and there might also be a lot of other things that went on behind the scenes that we didn't know about. I'm sure they did their best in the way they could, I felt that P11 was actually getting somewhere. I do feel bad for being so harsh sometimes, but I cannot lie about how I sometimes feel, and I'm not the only one that feel this way. I hope that they did understand that I only ever wanted Poser to keep going and get better, because it really still is a very fun app to use. SM do need to get credit for much of what Poser has become, its just a shame it didn't work out..

I am going to do my best to temper myself with regards to Rendo, because this must be super exciting and scary for them. I've experienced the full enthusiasm of the Poser community and it can be very overwhelming, and that was just a figure. Maybe it might take them a few years, so be it. I am very curious.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."