Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

LaurieA posted Tue, 25 June 2019 at 3:16 PM

You guys can make fun all you want and maybe you're happy with Poser and the status quo, but obviously something is not working or Poser wouldn't be where it is. It is because SM listened to people who feel like you. Unless you want Poser to end up in the $3.00 bargain bin at the local Walmart, opinions like OURS are things that Renderosity needs to take into account. I'm not saying listen and do EVERYTHING we say for crying out loud, but really consider what people are telling you. The majority of ppl that went to the "other side" were former Poser users. Something is obviously not working. People want really good looking, easy-to-use figures. They want an easier time fitting clothing to other figures. They don't want to have to spend hours converting, smoothing, cajoling, tweaking, pushing or otherwise fiddling with figures to get them to look like they want them to. All people are saying is that Rendo, if they want people to BUY Poser when there is a free competing software, is that they're going to have to make it as easy and as fun to use as humanly possible. Right now, that is not the case. I might be weird that I like to experiment with shaders and materials, but I can guarantee you that most people do not. Most people are never going to learn how to model their own things, or morph or rig. I know you say it's possible to get something good out of Poser...of course it is! But it's going to take you 10 times as long with 50 times the frustration as the competition. THAT is what the new owners need to consider.

Think about all the former Poser vendors that are now making content only for DS. Do you think they wanted to? Maybe some did, but some vendors do this for a living. If people were buying for Poser, they'd still be there making things. But the fact of the matter is that most people are not. V4 content is saturated. Poser is bleeding users. So unless you want Poser to stay right where it is (which is pretty much limbo), maybe we all need to make some compromises that can suit everyone, not just one side or the other. Yes, there are DS users in this thread. But most of us were once Poser users and would like to maybe be Poser users again. We want to see it succeed, not fail.

Laurie