Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Tue, 25 June 2019 at 4:30 PM

Holy damn, I had typed out a huge reply to this, full of personal things... then I accidentaly hit the button in my mouse that I forgot makes my browser go back a page. When I had it go forward again, my reply was gone. SIGH.

LaurieA posted at 5:23PM Tue, 25 June 2019 - #4354728

You guys can make fun all you want and maybe you're happy with Poser and the status quo, but obviously something is not working or Poser wouldn't be where it is. It is because SM listened to people who feel like you.

I'm not poking fun, Laurie. I really had given up on Poser, watching people lose interest, everyone grabbing onto Genesis. I don't like DS for its history, and I don't like Genesis for its functionality, and as people had stopped buying for Poser, I had just moved on, as it had timed with some real life things I was going through.

Then that email about La Femme came right when I was searching for another source of income when my life was less shaken and I was curious enough to check her. And I love her, I really do. And now, with my ADHD being treated which is allowing me to finish a product in a couple of weeks instead of several months, and me rediscovering my love for 3d creation, if all goes down with Poser (and I hope it doesn't), I might actually try DS if there's no other way.

But then Renderosity picks Poser up, and my hopes are re-renewed.

The problem wasn't that SM listened to us - we've asked for all the things you've listed, we just didn't want that to mean that Poser would be enslaved to Genesis, that's all. The problem was that SM wasn't listening at all, not even to their beta testers.

And if you're not asking for Genesis-Poser, why is this even a discussion? Renderosity has JUST picked Poser up. We don't even know their intentions with the program, what they'll try to focus for it. I have a feeling they will go exactly this path, making it more user-friendly, more fun for the casual user, easier for the content creator. Because that's what I feel from Renderosity overall, for years.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.