Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

Miss B posted Wed, 26 June 2019 at 10:47 PM

Deecey posted at 11:34PM Wed, 26 June 2019 - #4354929

With that said, I have a question for those who would like to see full Cycles support in Poser ... I don't use Blender as there are other modeling apps that I much prefer. And I also have Octane Render.

But for those who do use Blender ... would you expect Poser to then update to Eevee afterward? Because from what I've read on the Blender site, there are still some Cycles shaders that have no equivalent in Eevee.

But I do know it's hard enough to keep track of differences between FireFly and SuperFly/Cycles nodes, and I think adding support for a yet another render engine's nodes would complicate things even further.

I've been using Blender for many years, but happen to be enrolled in a class at Udemy, mostly because I've never done sculpting with it, or what I call spin modelling. I don't recall now what they call that in Blender, but I tried it many years ago with a sample version of Rhino 3D and liked it, and I know Blender has a similar option, so want to learn how to do it.

With that said, they are in the middle of updating the course for Blender 2.8 to include EEVEE rendering, and from what I've seen of some of the renders students in the class are producing, it looks nice, and I'm wanting to try it, but I'm so used to the default Blender render engine, and now the Cycles render engine, which I am no expert at as yet, I'm not sure how often I would use EEVEE after I complete this class. It's taking me a long time to get comfortable with SuperFly in Poser, and from what I see being done as far as texturing for the Cycles render engine, I think that's the only one I'd really be interested in. EEVEE is brand new with the still in development Blender 2.8, so it's going to take a while before folks move over to it completely. Since I rarely do final renders in Blender, for the most part I only render while I'm modeling, uv mapping and texturing. I still do my final renders in Poser, which is why I'd like the newer Cycles nodes, like Principled BSDF, set up for Poser. If it can't be adopted for SuperFly, then I would like Cycles introduced to Poser, if that's at all possible. I can code, though not in Python, yet, so I have no idea if it can be done, but if it can, I'm all for it.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz