Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Questions for clothing designers for weight mapped figures

an0malaus opened this issue on Jul 01, 2019 ยท 42 posts

an0malaus posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 1:27 AM

Thanks. That's encouraging. I note with interest that La Femme doesn't use geometry for her helper bones, whereas the original V4WM did (I assume for ease of selection and manual testing). It's sometimes annoying to accidentally select and move or rotate a helper bone with geometry. Especially if they're completely driven by valueOperations from the joints.

I think I'll follow that path, and leave the helper bones without geometry. I'm so familiar with editing Poser files by hand, where I know exactly what will happen, that I haven't played a lot with the Fitting Room and Setup Room.

I've spent so long with V4WM and am only just realising that If I'd taken a bit more (well, a lot more) time to add helper bones to conforming clothing for her, I wouldn't have had to create so many fitting morphs and fixer poses to match what the weight maps driven by helper bones were doing! D'Oh!

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.