Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Questions for clothing designers for weight mapped figures

an0malaus opened this issue on Jul 01, 2019 ยท 42 posts

unrealblue posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 3:14 AM

tonyvilters posted at 6:07PM Tue, 02 July 2019 - #4355727

AmbientShade is actually on a very good track.

Venus and Orion have the correct muscle flow geometry/topology and that is the first requirement to put "muscle movement when bend" in the correct place.

Pretty sure he can get most of the movement in the weight and bulge maps, and only needs to add JCM's when vertex have to go out in 3D. (Out of plane with the movement direction)

"Out of plane" meaning something like collision or "squish"? That seems the only direction not handled by bend and bulge. It would be sweet if Poser just added that other dimension. I mean, we have triax for a similar reason, right? Because the joint movement (even with nice weighting) does not affect the mesh the same in each rotational axis. In the same way, each rotation would have 3D for how a vertex moves, when the joint rotates. There is bend, bulge, and squish. Direction of rotation, perpendicular to the plane of rotation (bulge) and lateral to bulge. Or am I way off base, here?

Seems to me, that squish can't be handled by rotational weighting and/or clever bulges.

I'm only now starting to seriously learn clothing (for La Femme) along with making expressions for her (using master's controlling the 6 parameters of each facial ship). Fun fun :)