Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Questions for clothing designers for weight mapped figures

an0malaus opened this issue on Jul 01, 2019 ยท 42 posts

DCArt posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 12:30 PM

caisson posted at 1:17PM Tue, 02 July 2019 - #4355806

@thoennes - would smooth scaling and/or smooth translations help with squish and stretch? Curious as I'm just a beginner at rigging myself.

Doubtful. The smooth scaling and smooth translation weights are set apart from the rotational weights. When weight mapping, smooth scaling weights are shown with a _smooX, Y, or Z appendix, and come into effect when a body part is scaled. Smooth translation weight maps are shown with a _translate appendix, and come into effect when a body part is translated (normally, if a body part is lengthened or shortened by TRANSLATION, instead of SCALING).

As an example, these are the weights shown in LaFemme when her abdomen is selected. Twist, Bend, and Side-Side weights control the abdomen bends. The SmooY weights control how the abdomen blends with the chest and waist when the abdomen is scaled. The translate weights control how the abdomen blends with the chest and waist when the abdomen is translated (and in this case I would translate the abdomen on the Y axis when editing it)

weights.png