Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

unrealblue posted Thu, 04 July 2019 at 10:51 PM

tonyvilters posted at 1:39PM Fri, 05 July 2019 - #4355489

The SM figures, here we go.

Every release, SM tried to get figures in the app that where using the latest technology. => Deecey feel free to add info if required.

Long time ago, Teyon build the initial obj files, and then transferred the figure to a second person (I must be getting very old because I do not remember his name) to do the retopology and the rigging. During that period a third person made the textures.

Unfortunately for all of them that had to be done WHILE the Poser team was still coding the new version, and all that time they had to work with the new tech AT THE SAME TIME that a) the app was not ready yet, and b) there where still many- many bug fixes to fix.

In the end , the figures would be more or less ready at the same time as the app. Beta-testers time we had to test the "new" figures could be measured in weeks, sometimes only days. We always got the figures W A Y too late and W A Y too late in the process.

To give just a small example of Roxie.

The builders of Roxie had a great idea for geometry lashes. And Roxie was released with her geometry lashes.

During the beta testing we where focussing on obj file and rigging, texturing, and that turned out fine.

I do not remember the exact time; Was it a day before, the day off, or the day AFTER release, that I, (yes, again, me, myself and I) discovered that the Roxie head with those geometry lashes where NOT faceroom compatible.

That gives you an idea of the time frame the figure content creators had to work in.

For Paul and Pauline, our good old Teyon was doing EVERYTHING himself, the others where already fired.

Deecey had the same issue. She did a GREAT Job on the manuals, but was facing the same issue. The time to get the latest apps fixes in the manual on time.

It would sure be nice to know the names of the people who have brought us the software and figures over the years.

The only person I ever knew was Steve, and then only because I used to pester him with bugs.

For me, history helps understand the present. Plus, then I know who to bug for the real skinny on things :)