Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Questions for clothing designers for weight mapped figures

an0malaus opened this issue on Jul 01, 2019 ยท 42 posts

an0malaus posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 2:27 PM

@shvdavid, I understand. I was still struggling to evaluate the various assertions about being able to do away with ghost bones and jcms and I remain unconvinced that except for a very small sample of specific figure/clothing relationships, without drastic shape morphing, which we've been shown examples of by their perhaps justifiably proud creators, there remains an obvious need for both jcms and non-coincident ghost bones to deliver non-linear shape adjustments during limb bending.

Through the variety of helpful and less helpful comments here, I've actually gleaned enough motivation to persevere with the original task of weight mapping Exnem's V4 Body Hair figures to exactly match the morph shapes, deformer adjustments and weight mapping of my heavily modified V4WM figure. The factor I was missing was that without the otherActor reference lines in both the helper bones and their associated joint parameters on the actual limb and torso actors, pointing in both directions, Poser will stubbornly refuse to copy the required weight maps from the base figure to a conformed figure.

I could not find enough details or walkthroughs on the Fitting and Setup rooms fast enough to be prepared to fiddle about and try to work out how to do everything with Poser's internal tools, so I did it the hard way in a text editor. Extracted from V4WM the obj (empty in this case, since I know I don't need ghost bones with their own mesh) references, addChld and weld references into one template file. Put all of the helper bone actor definitions into another, and extracted the actor joint parameters which reference the helper bones into a third. Then for each of the body hair figures, I added those components in the editor, loaded and conformed the figure, magnetized it to use V4WM's revised magnet list (all of the existing V4 magnets are gone except for a couple of the breast magnets) and then copied the joint zones to the figure, which also transferred all of the required weight maps that were missing previously.

Renders in progress.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.