Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What makes a good figure?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 05, 2019 ยท 217 posts

Glitterati3D posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 8:09 PM

Richard60 posted at 9:05PM Fri, 05 July 2019 - #4356158

Just to be clear I do own La Femme and a lot of content for her. I also have a lot of content (characters) for Pauline. The only reason I did not mention her (La Femme) more was she was not a figure released with the program. And my point with out being mean and saying nasty things about any of the ex-Poser team was why wait till the near release of the program and then rush to make a new figure and then rig with the Beta code. There have been a lot of comments over the years from a lot of figure creators (without naming names) that they quote unquote had stated they don't want to redo an old figure to fix issues and making a new version is easier. Which from their point of view is true, however it then restarts the content to Zero and then you have to hope it gets vendor support.

From my perspective as a computer programmer and data miner If any of the Object files had stayed the same then the current textures could be used with the up coming figure even if the rigging had changed. And if the Content for a figure needed to be redone because of the rigging change it would be a lot easier if the default figure were the same as there would be no scaling required. The fitting room does a good job given that figures could have different scales for body parts and needs to shrink or expand to fit. So that it would be easy for the end user to upgrade by themselves if they so choose or allow the vendors to have a starting point that will allow for easier conversions.

The truth is, though, that some of the old Poser figures are simply irredeemable. The models themselves have so many errors and bad modeling, they simply aren't fixable. Some models have holes in the geometry, poles and ngons galore.

And, I'm sorry, the little creature toed Poser 4 Infant is a perfect example. Compare that to Hivewire's Baby Luna!

2babies.jpg