Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What makes a good figure?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 05, 2019 ยท 217 posts

wolf359 posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 2:11 PM

I think the question is too open ended and vague You may as well be asking: "what makes a good Pizza?"

Well ...you will get a variety of subjective answers based on wether the person is a vegeterian (No meat). A muslim ( meat, but no pork products) or lactose intolerant ( no cheese)or even wheat sensitive etc etc.

People can bang on all they want about their personal requirements such as "nice detailed feet" or the ability to morph from a cute infant to"Thanos" or the "Hulk"

But none of that matters if the figure has no content supported by UNIFORM STANDARDS, rigidly enforced by the content creation tools of the native/target program.

Bondware is finally in the position to do this with poser,the RMP and whatever figures become the "flagships"

Now before anyone bleets that such an "autocratic" system is "too much like Daz " and that "stifles" the creativity of all of the special Snowflake creators who will have to conform to the will of the gatekeepers.

I humbly suggest you look at other markets and the companies that have risen to dominate them.

Apple: starting with the return of jobs and the killing of the "Mac Clones" that had quality standards all over the spectrum.

Today very nearly sovereign entity more valuable than Exxon Mobile,only producing expensive luxury brand computers with rigidly controlled hardware specs.

Then the IPhone with a controlled retail outlet, forcing App developers to meet the uniform standards for the IOS platform.

The same business model with google and Android OS.

Now take a look at the long sad history of sony's consumer electronic division,one failed closed format ,music playing, hardware device after another.

Each with different physical content delivery mediums.expecting consumers to repurchase their Pink Floyd collections
over and over with each new innovative "mini-disc" etc

By the time the digital MP3 format liberated everyone from ever changing physical delivery mediums no one cared about a sony "walkman/discman"music player and were all using Apple Ipods.

Now consider the long ,sad history of the third party "Saviour figures "for poser, after Daz effectively abandoned the poser platform in favor of their own where they control both the content creation standards AND the Primary retail outlet ( See Apple,see Google).

Even Hivewire requires a Submission of DAZ genesis content to have a matching product for THEIR native figures and lafemme's team seems to be at least trying to have some uniform content creation standards IMHO.

NONE of the failed predecessors even bothered with the pretense. Each Apparently built a figure informed by a coffee klatch commitee of tribal loyalists, who themselves were not active content creators/merchants ,but easily impressed by Nerdy McNerd technobabble about exotic rigging schemes and bloviating "mission statements" accompanied by brobdignagian forum signature banners " ..They are coming!!"

Some decided make the noble sacrifice for "the good of the community" and provide all of the content support for their exotic, nonstandard figures themselves

To his credit, at least Anton Kissel actually toiled for a few years supporting Apollo Max Likely fueled by personal hatred of ,and a desire for"revenge" against his former Affilate ..Daz inc.

And now we see Mr: " I am not a business man" .. "I am Crowd sourcing further development" of my exotic nonstandard Female figure.

Posting recently the that if Bondware is "For Real" and willing to remake the rigging system of poser to conform to his exotic Female figure. He may consider revisting that effort....wow!!

IMHO Bondware should look at history and choose wisely ,their course, going forward.

My website

YouTube Channel