Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: anime figures

lakes123 opened this issue on Jul 05, 2019 ยท 13 posts

an0malaus posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 10:25 AM

I realised in my earlier post that I couldn't find any of the Poser 4 scene files I must have saved two decades ago, since they were never kept in the Runtime itself. I can't even find any renders older than 2002/2003, and I had a lot. They must all be on an old HD somewhere. Probably SCSI, which I'll have trouble accessing now, since my old dual 2GHz Power Mac doesn't want to power up anymore.

I couldn't find the poses that I know I must have done for Posette, so I just made a new one (in previous post) and RayTrace Previewed it. Now I've fixed the pose to better match the source (the feet poses aren't symmetrical, or you'd see the right foot poke above the thigh). Anyway, iMac Girl pose v2 full render. iMac Girl Posette Motsura Manga 2.jpg

Posette and the catsuit with my 20 year old crappy texturing skills, converted to unimesh and 1 level of subdivision. The Manga head and hair have 2 levels of subd. As mentioned, I had to convert the eye textures (I modelled new eyes with an inset pupil and cornea) from PICT to PNG before I could preview or render them. Poser Pro 11 also made it trivially simple to split the smiling eyes expression so I could blink just the one eye.

Alas! Poor knees, I knew them, Horatio! This is why we use weight mapped figures nowadays. I sometimes think, and others have mentioned, that Posette could do with being weight mapped. But then I listen to other opinions and have come to the conclusion that it's probably better to go with a figure designed for weight mapping from the outset. Posette certainly is a much lighter vertex load than V4, I cannot deny.

Ah, the time I spent trawling the Japanese Poser Enthusiasts' web sites. Kozaburo, Yamato, Maya, Bat, Motsura and many, many others. Good times 😍

[ETA] Oh, forgot the most important attribution: Jura11's Classic Bedroom! [E2TA] D'Oh! And the flag for NSFW!

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.