Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

shvrdavid posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 12:42 AM

I went back an re read most of this thread and there are a few things things that really stick out here. One is fixing the bugs that are there, and the other is adding (insert whatever)

I think that all of us can agree that fixing the known bugs is something that should be addressed. And adding support for a better addon system would be another. So is updating what is there to current versions, Cycles, Turing and AMD support, Bullet, etc.

Doing these will have many advantages, and it will take time to do so. Not only will it take time, it will take a team of programmers and backing. I read other postings and threads suggesting that some of the old team may be involved in some way, which is good since many of them know the code, have programming experience, etc. But you would also want other people on the team that have no experience with Poser, are experienced programmers in other areas of 3D, etc. From different backgrounds so to speak, to bring new thinking to the programming, etc.

I don't think that many of us want Poser to take the same path that it has taken in the past. There were many changes, a huge cut in team members, etc. All of that didn't help Poser at all, and I think that all of us can agree on that as well.

Whatever happens to Poser is going to require money, and a commitment to do so. It isn't going to be a quick or inexpensive journey at all. It could literally take years...

Sure, they can release updates here and there to address certain issues. But major changes are going to require a lot of code work. Possibly/probably, starting from scratch.

And starting from scratch is something that has not been done to Poser in years....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->