Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

SatiraCapriccio posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:29 AM

While many content providers no longer support Poser, I think it's important to know whether it was feature difficulty or missing features that led to those content providers abandoning Poser, as well as the last version of Poser they used. If their brokerage or their customers prefer they support a specific software which isn't Poser, there isn't much any Poser development team can do about that. Content creation is easier and more efficient in Poser Pro 11 than it was in Poser Pro 2014, just as Poser Pro 2014 improved content creation.

While I've not been developing content near as long as many others, I've not found Poser all that unfriendly in creating content. There are certainly things that would make rigging easier or quicker, but for me, it's more a lack of knowledge than a Poser issue.

As a user, I've been amazed at how many times I've been told you can't do something in Poser when that functionality has been in Poser for years ... and works rather well. It's a complex piece of software, and the manual isn't the most helpful one I've ever read. It's also not the worst.

There's also a lot of misinformation and inaccurate information about Poser. With the loss of the RDNA forums, too much valuable or "how to" information disappeared. Even then though, if something wasn't clear in the manual (or the manual assumed knowledge I lacked), I could search for days and never find any answers or even helpful information.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio