Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

DCArt posted Mon, 15 July 2019 at 8:01 PM

FlagonsWorkshop posted at 8:59PM Mon, 15 July 2019 - #4357090

Deecey it's a chicken and the egg problem. A lot of people are fed up with Microsoft, and don't want to move to Windows 10. End of support for Windows 7 comes up 1/2020. Windows 7 market share as of June was 38% vs 40% for Windows 10, and all those people have not moved to Windows 10 for a reason. I can guarantee you if the programs I need to use are available as Linux programs, I will be using Linux as of January 2020, as in six months from now. If they aren't I'm probably going to have to go with Windows 10. I would vastly prefer to move my equipment over to Linux.

Yeah that is why I was asking. Last I saw (which was a while ago) I think desktop users of Linux was under 2%. But like I say that was a while ago ... and with Scott's following post, that's intriguing. But I wouldn't know the first thing about how much work a port would be, but I would think it could get pretty involved.

As for Windows 10, love/hate relationship there for me. Can't afford a new Mac, and have too much Windows software to consider another OS.