Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

AmbientShade posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 11:50 AM Online Now!

But I can access my psd files without opening photoshop or even having it installed. There's a whole host of other apps - to include gimp - that read psd and ai files, as well as every other file format that photoshop reads. As long as you don't get silly and save your files to their web servers with no backups, then cancel your subscription, there's no reason you can't open your files. They can threaten legal action all they want, as long as you've purchased your old copies of adobe software and have a valid serial they don't have a legal leg to stand on. And Adobe knows that. You can legally use that software until it no longer functions on whatever system you're using it on. I still have and use an old copy of cs4 and will continue to do so for as long as I can keep it running. Some of those old features I like better, but I've been using the 2018 versions lately. Mainly because the 2019 versions don't want to run correctly on my win7 pc. And I save all my work locally, so if I ever decide to cancel my subscription I still have access to my files. That just seems like common sense to me.

Personally I don't like gimp. But I'll use it in a pinch, though haven't needed to in years. Never used Krita. My PC only has so much space so I can't install all the software I'd like to. Right now the Corel suite of tools really has my interest, but I can't afford them at the moment so I'm just watching tutorial vids about it on youtube. My next big purchase will likely be a Cintiq (drool), so that's where all my extra funds are being funneled to. Then maybe Corel.

Poser, but curiosity makes me wonder makes Linux so great that you want Poser to run on it.

I guess for the same reasons someone would want Poser to run on mac. Preferred OS. People get highly defensive about these things, like you're insulting their children or grandma.