Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

EClark1894 posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 6:45 PM

tonyvilters posted at 7:36PM Tue, 16 July 2019 - #4357174

Ach, it is all a balance.

Right now Windows is the most used OS and that is the reason why most hacking, and personal information stealing apps are for Windows.

When Mac OS or Linux get as much or more end users then Windows, all hacking and stealing apps will come your way too. It is just a matter of time actually.

Stealing apps shift as soon as the end users shift. => Hey, information is money.

I probably shouldn't say this because it is off topic, but Tony has a gun to my head and he's threatening to shoot my dog. 😁 Seriously though, I found out a Loooong time ago that the reason Microsoft is so widely used is because they have a deal in place with all the PC companies out there that their OS ships on every PC made. So even if a company doesn't use the Windows OS, Microsoft still gets paid. Those companies figured since they have to pay them anyway, might as well use their OS. That's one of the reasons OS2 Warp didn't fare too well, and probably why Linux isn't more popular. Apple makes their own computers so they put their own OS on the System.

Okay, back to the topic of this thread.