Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Speeding Up Your Cycles Renders

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 14, 2019 ยท 25 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 8:42 AM

Specifically, Tony, you said this "I see some adding nodes and nodes and nodes, but remember. . . . . Everything you add has to be calculated."

And you could have just as well said "I see some buying cars and cars and cars but remember - Every car you buy has to be paid for"

Yes it does. And just as the cars I buy are fine by me, so are my nodes, none of which are added without a purpose. Every single node has a job to do that, without it, would not be done.

You frequently suggest that simple is the best, and for people learning how to use a rendering engine, that is not accurate advice. Simpler is usually better, but at some point you are stuck in the uncanny valley, (particularly YOU are Tony - your lady is severely in the uncanny valley) and the only way out is more expensive renders.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)