Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Fiber Eyebrows and Movement

somnulus opened this issue on Jul 15, 2019 ยท 26 posts

an0malaus posted Thu, 18 July 2019 at 5:44 AM

The problem with the fibre brows, or lashes for that matter, is that they do not automatically inherit morphs as Poser's dynamic hair does. Unless you UV map the fibres, you are also restricted to solid colours, unlike the dynamic hair. The grown hair props will also take transparency mapping of the underlying body part's UV map, to hide some of the grown hair.

I have been experimenting extensively with both forms: dynamic Wild Thing?.jpg

and fibre (Exnem's Body hair for V4) Alita Redhead Nude Classic Bedroom.jpg

The dynamic hair is supported, and in the particular cases of eyebrows/lashes and body hair, would generally not need a lot of simulation beyond initial styling, given their shortness. Texturing and transparency mapping works simply. Downsides are heavy workload for poser, since all of those 2D planes must always be calculated to face the camera, though hair density can be raised or lowered as desired.

Fibre hair seems to (maybe) be less load on Poser, but is more involved to transfer morphs and weight maps to (not required for dynamic). Transfers may not be 100% accurate the further from the body surface the fibres run, and the closer to limb joints they're located. I haven't noticed eyebrows or lashes in that product, but it might be worth enquiring of the vendor (Exnem. Not sure if they're very active on Rendo, I haven't had any response to sitemail enquiries). Again, the downsides of fibre brows/lashes would include the potential order of magnitude more morphs that have to be transferred from the head/face, compared to body morphs/JCMs/weightmaps.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.