Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

tonyvilters posted Thu, 18 July 2019 at 10:15 AM

I am very flexible with whatever the release system but 2 things will KILL an app like Poser. => And by "kill" I mean : Level it to the ground and deeper. LOL.

Pricing has become a delicate balancing act because DS is free, and let us be honest, they have the best content.

Blender is also free and about a couple of years more advanced in technology by now. One can walk in and out of Blender with obj files and maintain obj file quality (something that is impossible in Poser because Posers obj file handling is a very old MAX heritage).

Blender has Eevee, (really, at first I thought is was going to be a hype, but man oh man, that thing flies,) and it has some of the best rigging systems too.

I only hope they get the right people to pull it off, and what Renderosity needs right now are the most agressieve and tech savvy beta testers possible and LISTEN to them.

Content, content, content, 3D is all about content. You can build the best and most stable app of the Universe? ? DAZ and others will run with the money because of the content.