Forum: Virtual World Dynamics

Subject: VWD V2.x pre-release beta discussion

VWD_dan opened this issue on Jun 25, 2019 ยท 117 posts

Sepiasiren posted Sun, 21 July 2019 at 4:44 AM

VWD_dan posted at 4:41AM Sun, 21 July 2019 - #4357183

Hi Sepiasiren,

Thanks for your patience and support - we're getting a lot done behind the scenes, but it's never as much as we'd like!

I got hints from your notes that you figured out how to re-apply the textures and animations, right?

I wrote up a note on this technique up above on the steps, and want to make sure you see it. I feels like it could be complex, but it's pretty easy after the first time. I believe we should be able to fix the texture issue, but there is no practical way to 'attach' the animations, and the hacks that we've seen are ... hacks. Following the above steps isn't too "expensive" and allows us to use VWD with DS, which is pretty cool!

A quick note: If you are apt to be a clean-freak and use the VWD 'Utilites->Remove Exchange Files' to recover disk space, you will remove your animation files and have to redo your simulations! Unless you are really shy on space, I'd avoid that command (although it is a handy command if you need it!).

Similarly, if you change the DS animation frame-count (add or remove DS timeline frames) in your DS scene, you will need to redo the simulation(s) too, since the simulation animation cache files are expecting the same frame count as the DS scene, and won't match if you change the DS timeline frame-count.

Let us know how it goes!

VWD_dan

Great tip! All I need to know now is how to select vertices for hair assistant. Once I choose Hair Assistant it doesn't take me to the normal place to apply vertices and even when I try to select in the Hair Assitant interface, it doesn't recognize the vertices as It keeps asking me to select vertices when I see red vertices already applied.