Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What makes a good figure?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 05, 2019 ยท 217 posts

Penguinisto posted Tue, 23 July 2019 at 8:19 PM

Morkonan posted at 6:12PM Tue, 23 July 2019 - #4357864

Because people think that doing the same thing over and over will eventually cause some sort of magical success.

...and others have a hate-on for certain businesses to the point of derangement; I trust I don't have to point to specific evidence. Me, I want a healthy competing marketplace. It's the best way to ensure the best stuff is available to me and my little hobby. Choice is a beautiful thing... especially to those of us who remember the days when choice was either nonexistent or hella expensive.

There is only one thing that matters right now - Poser has the front-end support of a high-profile distributor. It has not had such support since the disastrous breakup of the marriage of Poser and DAZ.

Dude, it had no such support since Curious Labs cratered. And yeah, it's hella important that this time things go right (I know, I know...)

Good news is, Rendo has 1) a separate and fairly healthy income stream outside of Poser, but 2) that income stream is actually related to Poser and DS, so Rendo (unlike SM, EGISys, etc) is fully incentivized to give Poser the needed care. This means figures, natch. It also means Marketplace standards that will help the figure(s) actually sell (so yes, it's related.)