Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

Penguinisto posted Tue, 23 July 2019 at 8:51 PM

EClark1894 posted at 6:40PM Tue, 23 July 2019 - #4357855

It actually depends. Mind you, I'm not privvy to any information that any of you don't have, but Rendo may want to put out a new version, or beta version, as quickly as POSSIBLE in order to rebrand Poser under the Renderosity/Bondware brand name.

Dude, I love you like a brother, but... smack! out, demons - out! The power of Jenkins compels you! OUT I SAY!

No, really, don't do that.

Every damned M&A I've done or been a part of comes standard with that pressure from leadership. They're more eager to slap their name on it (oh, and new promotional graphics! new marketing material! new incentives! the whole C-level goes fapfapfapfapfap...!) than they are to even look at the bug reports. In most cases it's a bare compromise, with the new "version" being nothing more than the old version with a pile of fixes lashed on. Urgh. Do not do that. The risk for failure is HUGE over even the smallest mistakes in content or execution.

Give it some time. Figure stuff down, take your time. sort things out. Fix the most egregious crap. Update all the 3rd-party bits you got licensed/added if you feel safe/comfortable doing it - it's low-hanging fruit that actually helps you out. Maybe add a few modest goodies, enough to make it worth the upgrade.

And for the love of all that's holy, do not call it Poser 12. Call it Poser 11.5, so folks know subconsciously that it's just an interim thing, that more/better is coming. It's a subtle way of leaving them sort of expecting more later down the road, but without going full Osbourne Effect.