Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

ghostship2 posted Wed, 24 July 2019 at 3:01 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 1:53PM Wed, 24 July 2019 - #4357901

ghostship2 posted at 8:57AM Wed, 24 July 2019 - #4357882

I don't know if anybody has talked about this yet. Background lighting needs to be made stable using GPU rendering and in separate process (which it doesn't work in currently). Also needs to be made a regular lighting setup in the lights controls and documented in the manual so people don't have to rely on tricks learned in forums to do this stuff. Using the background "object" in the materials room for lighting gives the best results I have found. Because it's prone to crashing CUDA and Poser and your monitor if the crash is bad enough, it's not really convenient to use. Should be a way to make it a regular feature and viewable in preview and rotatable for quick renders. Take a look: Background lighting.jpg

I've started using this and never returned - a material setup for the Background that someone (was it you?) posted in the SM forums that I saved here and have been using all the time now.

I guess it's a good thing that I had to switch my older Nvidia card for a newer AMD one (husband's was getting fried, he bought a new one, forgot to check - he NEEDS Cuda as he works in video editing in a fast-paced work environment, so he had to go ahead and buy yet another video card and I inherited his AMD one, that's better for me for everything but Poser rendering). I had no problems with rendering that on CPU 😁

The only bad thing I can imagine for this being default in Poser is that it makes renders drastically different from the ones Firefly will cook out without Indirect Light on, so this might be confusing for new/casual users.

I had to find out by asking other users there that were using this option already for a couple of years. This stuff should not be "secret menu" items, should be built into Poser so people can use it without having to know what's going on. That is how you get better looking renders out of Poser and in turn get more people interested in Poser. At this point you have to export the image as an Open EXR file and adjust it's exposure settings in Photoshop or GIMP. Blender has all that crap built in and a tool to help you sort out your exposure settings without ever leaving Blender.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740