Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How Would You Improve the Cloth Room?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 17, 2019 ยท 43 posts

moogal posted Thu, 25 July 2019 at 12:36 AM

My very first complaint with the cloth room applies to other parts of Poser, unfortunately. While I understand why it works as it does, with regard to "draping" especially, it keeps Poser from working the way I'd always wished it did. Having done stop motion for a few years, I've always wanted 3D animation to feel more similar to working with actual models. Essentially, I want action figures that do not break, and do not fall over between frames. I want to create my figure library and then begin blocking scenes and collecting sequences (could be frames or animations) so that I can focus on some kind of story telling. Fitting clothing feels too much like modeling or creating characters. I've never liked that I can't save a figure to the library wearing dynamic clothes, have the thumbnail showing the figure wearing the fitted clothing and then bring the figure back in ready to render. At least with conforming clothing there is no time consuming process of "preparing the figure" - figures can be saved in natural stances (any arbitrary position) rather than T-pose, and can be loaded from the library in the same state is when they were saved. It's not so much the time required to get the sim running and drape the clothing (assuming you already have the proper cloth attributes set) it's that it simply disrupts the workflow and forces me to be in a different mindset than I was when I launched the program. I wish Poser were more like the elaborate create-a-player of a high budget video game in which once created a character would never need any further tweaking. I want the realism of dynamic cloth and hair but also the simplicity of conforming clothes and helmet hair.