Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What makes a good figure?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 05, 2019 ยท 217 posts

wolf359 posted Sun, 28 July 2019 at 9:15 AM

The "a good figure" is a vague term, but I wanted opinions We're talking about Poser.

So to be clear, you only want opinions on what makes a "good figure"
for poser without any contextual references to posers feature set and how that feature set works in conjunction with the "good figure"..for poser??

And you have consistently posted that you have found your "good figures" in the Hivewire bases anyway so why do you even want peoples opinions at all??

And you consistently make the same assessment. Poser has to beome a "clone" of all the other software in order to regain it's market.

"Poser Pro 11 - Professional 3D Character Art and Animation Software"

This ,in various iterations, has been the official tag line since poser 4.

Having a modern set of NATIVE poser figures that can use ALL of posers advertised features like the talk designer,walk designer or face room is not becoming a "clone" of the Daz or Reallusion products,...its called competing for paying customers.

You concede that poser needs to "regains its market share"

How??..by remaining in a myopic little comfort bubble and catering only to the existing still render/web gallery /portrait/ pin up crowd?

while re-selling them more versions of a program that has listed features that would largely be unusable with your beloved Dawn or frankly any of the current aspirants to the mantle of: "the new poser base figures"

I get it... you and most poser users, dont seem care about any actual movement ,animated filmaking,speaking ability for Dawn & Dusty (or whatever).

But trust me 3D animated Characters are in demand in 2019 and any 3D Character program that hopes to gain the next generation of users while ignoring basic animation ability (walking and talking) does so at their own peril.

My website

YouTube Channel