Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

hflam posted Wed, 31 July 2019 at 10:36 PM

will2power posted at 11:34AM Thu, 01 August 2019 - #4358440

I would have only one suggestion for Bondware going forward when it comes to Poser. I really think that if they want to not only compete with DAZ but in some ways surpass them is to adopt FBX or Collada as the file format going forward. I suggest a more open operating environment in the sense that those standards make all sorts of possibilities. Adopting FBX as the standard file format going forward would expand the Poser market to an unprecedented degree. Imagine not having to worry about converting this or that --just being able to import it and go! Some of my greatest frustrations as a hobbyist is that I spend a lot more time converting this or that when I should be animating and rendering. I kept up with Poser to 2014 but I set it aside because it didn't fit what I wanted to do anymore. There is one more thing that really made me let go of Poser and it was the dial size in the viewscreen. I'm getting older now and my eyes aren't what they used to be. Because you can't resize the interface elements, I would end up getting headaches trying to work in it. I'm not opposed to going back to Poser but I don't want to step back into the frustrations of the past 10 years.

Poser 11 Pro has FBX and Collada support (Import/Export).