Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Apple future Mac OS compatibility

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Aug 02, 2019 ยท 55 posts

an0malaus posted Sat, 03 August 2019 at 1:23 AM

MacOS has long had the ability to take screenshots and snapshots of screen regions by pressing Cmd-Shift-4 and dragging with the mouse to define a region to snapshot. The captures are saved as datestamped PNG files on the desktop, which you can easily post to forums. Unless you're running an app which swallows all keyboard input and prevents screen captures, (Poser doesn't do this) you shouldn't need a separate app. [ETA: Ah, brief research shows that Skitch allows markup of a screenshot, which could be useful to illustrate a point or highlight a render issue. Point conceded 😀 ]

Even more frightening than the prospect of just being unsupported by the latest operating system, is the possibility that Apple will move completely away from Intel CPUs, to their own, in-house design. Unless there's a continuance of development platforms, and it just becomes an abstracted choice of which machine language apps are compiled for, it's possible Poser on MacOS will come to a dead end. At which point Apple will lose me as a life-long customer. (Not that they'll notice, of course) D-X< [Mostly because that will permanently prevent me dual-booting a Mac into Windows]

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.