Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Development article...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 14, 2019 ยท 128 posts

Penguinisto posted Thu, 15 August 2019 at 10:33 AM

meatSim posted at 8:22AM Thu, 15 August 2019 - #4359479

As stated previously the primary reason for this bridge release (11.2) is to transfer poser to the new licencing system. Major bug squashing efforts or additional features were never in scope for this update.

Additional features I understand. As mentioned elsewhere, a new codebase takes time to get a handle on. Bugs OTOH? Yeah, maybe they should have spent some time on that - at least the ugliest and the low-hanging-fruitish ones. I was initially just curious as to why (well, nevermind, I already know why, and it's a dumb MBA-driven reason) they chose to spend precious time/effort on an in-app marketing thing that industry experience w/ other apps (likely including the app's own history, curiously enough) should have shouted from the rooftops at them that hardly, if anybody, uses such a mechanism. Now if they overcome the hurdles that come with making one's Runtime directory structure/orgnization a raging mess and a PITA to fix when you use it, cool, but...

Changing to a new licensing scheme makes perfect sense, especially if the old one relied on an active website at SmithMicro to activate and maintain. It's one of the big reasons I'm hanging back on buying Poser.latest for a bit (after seeing a related article on the subject), so I can avoid all that license-limbo crap and just wait for Rendo to sort that out.